Wednesday, April 27, 2011

What's New: Wave Afghan and Tiny Whale Rattle


Hope everyone is having a great Wednesday today!

I thought I'd share some pics of a couple of the projects I've been working on this past little bit! 

First off -  my cousin, Amy (she and one of my sisters share a really fun Etsy Shop, called Frills and Bils, where they sell hand made gift bows, and origami creations!!  Really cool!  Go check it out!), is having her first baby in June!!!  It's a boy!

We threw her a little baby shower a couple of weeks ago, with a nautical theme!  She's always loved everhthing oceanic...and she got so many cute little, sea creature outfits, bath things and toys!  So cute!

Anyway, this is what I made her for her new little bundle! An Ocean Wave afghan and a little amigurumi whale rattle!  I LOVE the way they turned out!



The blanket was made using some fantastic yarn I had picked up on clearance (it didn't even have a label on it to say what the yarn was called!!)...it's so super soft and cuddly...combined with some lovely brushed white yarn!



The little whale was made holding two strands of Simply Soft yarn together, following THIS basic pattern, by Planet June!  He has a couple of little bells sewn inside, so that he rattles when he is shaken!




I LOVE the way these came together!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic